Policy on impartiality and objectivity
In order to assure impartiality and objectivity regarding the certification activities, the certification body applies the following rules:
- the certification activities are provided by a juridical entity that only offers certification activities.
- the certification body shall therefore not provide any consultancy, nor internal audits for certified clients. Supportive or informative actions to the audit can be delivered as long as they are not tailor made.
- the certification body shall not outsource certification activities. (Freelance) auditors will therefore have a limited mission and will be trained, coached, observed and evaluated by the certification body. The certification body takes full responsibility of the audit mission.
- the time and price calculation of the audit is based on a standard grid that will be used for all audits regarding to the same standard. The grid has been established based on the requirements of the standard to be applied. The certification body shall watch over any kind of pressure (commercial, financial or other) in order not to compromise objectivity and impartiality.
- the certification body shall not certify the management system of another certification body.